Research and Markets: The Insurance Industry in Jamaica, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "The Insurance Industry in Jamaica, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018" report to their offering.
The Insurance Industry in Jamaica, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018 report provides detailed analysis of the market trends, drivers, and challenges in the Jamaican insurance industry. It provides values of a number of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) such as written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, total assets, total investment income and retentions during the review period (2009-2013) and forecast period (2014-2018). The report also provides detailed information pertaining to the competitive landscape in the country.
This brings together research, modeling, and analysis expertise in order to develop an insightful report. This allows insurers to identify industry dynamics, competitive advantage and profile of insurers operating in the country. The report also covers a detailed regulatory policies and recent changes in regulatory structure.
- The Jamaican insurance industry grew in terms of gross written premium value, recording a CAGR of 10.4% during the review period (2009-2013).
- Motor insurance was the largest category within the non-life segment, followed by property insurance and liability insurance.
- Increasing life expectancy in Jamaica is likely to propel demand for health insurance products over the forecast period.
- The country's high debt ratio is a matter of concern for the insurance industry.
- Increasing competition in the industry is resulting in a rise in M&As.
- The Jamaican insurance industry is served by 10 general insurers and five life insurers as of March 2014.
- The insurance industry is supervised and regulated by the Financial Services Commission (FSC) of Jamaica.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
3 Jamaican Insurance Industry Overview
4 Industry Segmentation
5 Governance, Risk and Compliance
6 Competitive Landscape
7 Macroeconomic Indicators
- Sagicor Life Jamaica Ltd
- Guardian Life Ltd
- Advantage General Insurance Company
- Jamaica International Insurance Company
- General Accident Jamaica Ltd
- British Caribbean Insurance Company
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/34m3vw/the_insurance